Air pollution is responsible for 4.2 million deaths per year according to the World Health Organization (WHO). No wonder we should dedicate resources to understand and monitor air quality in our cities and neighborhoods. With the increase of air monitoring data from nationwide and globally, more data mining and analysis is needed to better understand the air quality trends and causes behind this. We want to use the big data analytics and artificial intelligence approach to further analyze the air quality data, and make further prediction and projections that can guide the government on air quality management.
1) Preliminarily analyze the air quality data in the whole China
2) Develop some approach using big data analytics and artificial intelligence to analyze the data
3) Interpretation of the analysis results
The applicants are expected to learn:
1) basic knowledge of air pollution and monitoring
2) the methodology of data analysis and some data processing software;
3) analytical skills and critical thinking ability.