Conduct laboratory experiments to measure air pollutant concentrations following established analytical methods
(1) prerequisite: Fundamentals of Analytical chemistry (or equivalent), Analytical Chemistry Lab
(2) Expected duties: sample treatment and instrumental analysis of trace air pollutant
(3) Special requirement: Be able to devote one whole day per week for at least 6 weeks
(1) Able to independently operate the main analytical instrument for the project (e.g., GC/MS, IC, etc).
(2) Able to conduct the analytical procedure from sample preparation to raw data processing and reduction with good repeatability
(3) Able to summarize and explain the major features of the analytical results and make connection to the underlying environmental chemistry issues