In Asia, many places like Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan and China plan to be carbon-neutral by 2050 aligned with the target by the United Nation. Unless every citizen thoroughly understands what decarbonization is and its importance, hardly can carbon neutrality be achieved timely. This project aims to seek possible ways to raise awareness towards what role green energy plays in decarbonisation in Hong Kong, or even the whole world. The potential deliverable of this project would be a board game where players can learn about what possible actions different stakeholders can take and the constraints they face when transitioning to a carbon-neutral society through role playing them.
- analyse world decarbonization development and countries sustainability-related issues and policies.
- gather relevant data through literature review.
- develop a framework for a board game for educational use.
- understand the methods of human behavioral change
- understand the energy and decarbonisation policies around the world
- strengthen critical thinking and analytical skills
- strengthen the capacity of developing education tools to boost public awareness towards decarbonisation