Empathy is a critical issue in designing systems accessible to people suffering from conditions limiting their day-to-day operation. Virtual Reality enables the development of highly immersive experiences. In this project, we propose to leverage such immersion to develop empathic experiences for designing systems for people with disabilities.
- collect data on users
- develop a VR environment simulating specific conditions
- Basic development and scripting skills
- (Optional) Knowledge of the unity engine
- (Optional) 3D modelling skills
During this project, the student will acquire the following technical skills:
- development of VR applications using Unity3D