The target of this project is to introduce the students to the interfaces design in augmented reality. Some basic concepts of interface design for augmented reality will enable the student to implement some user-friendly interfaces leveraging the most updated design concepts and interaction design paradigms.
1) Study some basic materials that will be provided from the instructor.
2) Conduct some experiments and become familiar with the common practices of user-centric studies for Augmented Reality.
3) Implement simple prototypical Augmented Reality interfaces.
4) Implement proof-of-concept applications after eliciting all the necessary design clues.
5) Perform statistical analysis for the experimental results.
The students will be assisted by one or more lab members and they will have weekly meeting with them.
By the end of the project, the student(s) will be familiar with the basics of designing interfaces and interaction techniques for
Augmented Reality. And they will be able to demonstrate their knowledge through actual applications.