Synaptic transmission in Alzheimer's disease is a crucial question but remain elusive. In order to address this question, we will study how synaptic vesicles are release in neurons with amyloid. We will figure out how amyloid affect the exocytosis of synaptic vesicles.
1. Read the papers related to Alzheimer's disease
2. Dissociate hippocampal neurons.
3. Perform the assay of synaptic vesicles in the presence of amyloid.
1. Students will learn the current issues of Alzheimer's disease
2. Students will have a hand-on experience.