Opinion formation can be modeled by a multi-agent system interacting on a social network. The dynamics of the voting, in the presence of a deadline, will be analysed numerically. Various phases defined by dominance of a particular opinion (party) will also be studied using the physics of phase transition.
1. Read some papers in Physical Review E on opinion formation using statistical physics
2. Perform numerical simulation to do n-party voting model
3. Analytical work on the model to compare with numerical results
4. Extension to the study of the co-evolution of opinion and social network
1. Understand some basic models of dynamics in multi-agent systems using statistical physics
2. Learn how to perform numerical simulation
3. Theoretical analysis of various phases of the model