**Remote work possible (VPN may be needed)***
Investigating the interaction of operational risk management and financial risk management. We will collect detailed characteristics of mines (production costs, production levels, proven and probable reserves) owned by individual companies and test whether a company's portfolio of mines (assets) determines how use it makes of financial risk-management tools.
1) Search and discover the best sources of data for individual mines characteristics.
2) Collect these data and organize them in an Excel spreadsheet in a uniform manner.
3) Do a literature review to identify previously-published related scientific papers on the topic.
1) How to take charge of a broadly-defined project and narrow it down to feasible tasks.
2) How to work effectively and efficiently to deliver error-free deliverables on time.
3) How to coordinate and communicate within a small team and with the Professor.