Metal complexes are an interesting class of organometallic compounds that can be useful for organometallic synthesis and catalysis. This project involves synthesis of new carbyne complexes and studies of catalytic properties of carbyne complexes for alkyne metathesis reactions.
(1) to synthesize organic/organometallic compounds.
(2) to characterize the synthesized compounds.
(1) be able to carry out experiments to synthesize organic/inorganic compounds independently.
(2) be able to use common techniques to characterize organic/inorganic comopounds.
(3) be able to write a scientific report.