This project aims to use AI technology developed in our lab, such as emotion and sentiment recognition,
speech recognition, facial recognition and natural language processing, to develop a virtual therapist system.
The objective is to create an interactive chatbot specifically for elderly to help measure and monitor their
physical and mental health. We are collaborating with center of aging science and hospitals in this project.
1. Design and develop a Cantonese automatic speech recognition (ASR) module
2. Design and develop a English and Cantonese language version of Nora chatbot for Elderly
At the end of the project, students will be able to:
1. Understand the basic of AI, natural language processing (NLP), and deep learning
2. Understand the process of developing chatbots and ASR systems
3. Design and develop their own chatbots and ASR systems
4. Evaluate the quality of a dataset for building a robust ASR system