In this project, the student will develop a protocol designed for offloading
multimedia application to various devices, ranging from neighboring devices to
servers in the cloud. The main elements of the protocol and algorithms are
already defined and will be provided by the instructor.
UROP1100 UROP2100 UROP3100 UROP4100
1. Study the materials provided by the instructor
2. Implement a basic offloading protocol for Android devices (A good Java and C
knowledge is required)
3. Implement the server side of the protocol
4. Evaluate the protocol's validity through basic experiments.
Applicant's Learning Objectives:
During this project, the student will acquire the following technical skills:
- Design and implementation of network protocols
- System development on Android
- Combining the Android SDK and NDK to produce effective portable networking