Corporate Risk Management Practices: Global Survey of BRICS-Country Firms
***Seeking native speakers of Russian, Chinese, Spanish, French, and German in particular ****
In partnership with GARP (Global Association of Risk Professionals), we are conducting the first large-scale comparative analysis of corporate risk-management practices of firms domiciled or operating in the BRICS countries (Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa). To allow comparison with practices by firms domiciled or operating in so-called developed markets, we also plan to run the survey in a few benchmark countries such as the USA, the UK, and Germany.
The project consists of four main stages, each potentially involving UROP assistance: survey planning (2018-Spring 2019), survey execution (Summer 2019), data analysis (Summer-Fall 2019), report writing and dissemination of results (Fall-Winter 2019).
UROP1000 UROP1100 UROP2100 UROP3100 UROP4100
Assist in planning and executing the project under the supervision of a Project Manager (PM).
Assist the PM in conducting the survey-preparation stage:
1) Identify and interact with a reliable contact vendor: done
2) Validate names, contact information of individuals (executive officers) to survey: done
3) Plan the survey execution process and methods with the vendor: done
4) Prepare email lists to optimize the administration of the survey: done
5) Assist in study of population and sample to ensure representativeness: done
6) Assist in designing and beta-testing the questionnaire (Qualtrics): in progress
7) Translation of survey to other languages (Chinese, Russian, Portuguese, German, French, Spanish): done
8) Manage response bounce backs and sending of reminders, answering respondents’ questions related with the survey: ongoing
9) Collect and analyze confidential data from completed survey questionnaires: to do
10) Compute and tabulate summary statistics and statistical tests: to do
Successful candidates in this stage may be invited to continue in the succeeding stages.
Applicant's Learning Objectives:
At the end of the project, the candidate will be able to:
1) Assist in planning and executing a complex international research project,
2) Identify the issues posed by such a large-scale project, and how to solve them,
3) Operate within a team with an eye to efficiency and effectiveness,
4) Interact with business people (vendors, executives) in a professional manner,
5) Take ownership (responsibility) for a project and see it to completion.