An Investigation of Contract Management Practices in Delivering Different Types of Infrastructure Projects through Public Private Partnerships
Different types of infrastructure projects have been developed worldwide through public private partnerships (PPP), including power plants, waste treatment facilities, water supply facilities, roads, tunnels, bridges, railways, ports and air ports. This project aims to review the practices of contract management in different types of PPP infrastructure projects, draw experience and learn lessons, and develop an improved contract management strategy for PPP infrastructure projects in general.
1. Identify suitable PPP projects developed worldwide;
2. Review the contract management practices of identified PPP projects;
3. Conduct comparative analysis and draw experience and learn lessons from the identified PPP projects;
4. Develop an improved contract management strategy for PPP infrastructure projects in general.
Applicant's Learning Objectives:
1. Acquire an overall understanding of the various issues in delivering infrastructure projects using PPPs, which generally are through project finance;
2. Acquire substantial knowledge of contract management in PPP infrastructure projects;
3. Improve analytical and written communication skills.