We are developing computer-aided analytic tools based on videos which record senior citizens activities over one month. The objective is to better understand the senior citizens wellbeing and their variations by automatically analyzing and tracking their behaviors, including social interactions and physical activities. This project is a part of the HKUST Aging initiative done in collaboration with the Haven of Hope Christian Service Elderly Care Center.
1. Design and develop parts of the end-to-end video analysis pipeline to extract features and personalized information about individual senior citizen.
2. Interpret and transform the information extracted from the video into meaningful insights for the caregivers.
3. Visualize the insights and develop a GUI for the caregivers to verify the efficacy of the analytic tools.
1. Obtain first-hand experience in developing an AI-based end-to-end solution to addressing a real-life and meaningful application for a societal problem
2. Develop skills to articulate research-oriented thought process and intellectual growth