Voice assistant becomes popular in recent years and provides a great convenience for our daily life. It is adopting to our daily life such as E-commerce, IoT device controls, Smart homes, etc. However, the current interaction approach of voice assistant employs the batch mode that is inconvenient for human users. Thus, we try to investigate some interactive modes for voice assistant by introducing sensor e.g. motion sensors, cameras, mini-radars, etc., to enhance the voice assistant capabilities. The main purpose is to provide an interactive approach to talk with voice assistants. It aims to enhance the user Experience and to reduce the conversation costs.
1) Study some basic materials that will be provided from the instructor.
2) Conduct some experiments and become familiar with the common practices of user-centric studies for Human-drone Interaction.
3) Implement simple voice assistant application.
4) Implement tracing system to understand and study the User Mental Loads.
5) Implement proof-of-concept applications after eliciting all the necessary design clues.
6) Perform statistical analysis for the experimental results.
The students will be assisted by one or more lab members and they will have weekly meetings with them.
By the end of the project, the student(s) will be familiar with the basics of designing interfaces and interaction techniques for
Voice Interface. And they will be able to demonstrate their knowledge through actual applications.